[Homeroast] Response to flavor

Brian Kamnetz bkamnetz at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 16:54:15 CDT 2014

There are many variables in this topic, including those the John just
mentioned. Others include subjective taste preferences, the effects of
ambient temperature and humidity, temperature of brew water, length of
steep time, age of green coffee, many roast variables, and length of time
from roast to use. People have reported very good results with a range of
bean storage methods, including the careful attempts to limit exposure to
oxygen discussed in this thread, and, on the other end of the spectrum,
keeping the roasted beans in an open bowl on the counter top.

Given all this, one thing you might consider doing is experimenting with
storage variables to see which you prefer. Choose two or three storage
methods (including keeping roasted beans in open containers). Simply divide
each roast evenly into the two or three methods you have chosen, and see
what happens, keeping notes.

After a few weeks of this, you should have a good indication of the storage
methods you prefer. And let us know!

Just a thought,

Brian