[Homeroast] Brushes for a grinder

Zara Haimo zara at haimo.net
Sun Aug 17 01:18:36 CDT 2014

I used to have a set of pastry brushes with relatively stiff bristles that I used to sweep all the grinds out of the shoot and doser of my Mazzer Mini, but over time, they have worn out and I am now in the market again for brushes, but haven’t found any suitable replacements.  All the grinder and pastry brushes I have found in cooking stores and coffee shops are too soft and floppy to do the job.  Many are also very flimsy with bristles that come out each time I use them.  I’ve found some paint brushes that would probably work well, but I am sure the materials aren’t food grade and am hesitant to use them.  Has anyone found a brush that is stiff enough to sweep all the loose grounds out of a grinder, sturdy enough to hang onto its bristles, and made of food grade materials?