[Homeroast] airing roasts

John M. Howison johnmhowison at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 12:32:59 CDT 2014

This will be a minority report, as after drinking coffee for more than
eighty years (since Percolators were the latest thing) I like the
Ethiopians cling to the view that air is the enemy of full flavor.  In
my experience, oxygen, the agent of rust and acetification, is the
enemy of flavor, and in my view  CO2 should be given maximum
opportunity to protect flavor. Chac'un a so gout.
Perhaps I am partially protected from my folly by the imperfect seal
of the canister in which my roasted beans are stored, which is where
they go as soon as they are cool enough.   Most of my brews start with
mixture of more- and less-roasted coffee: yesterday's and the day
before's and maybe a bit of the day-before-that's..  I do love the
result, and firmly resist my doctor's view that I am too old for
coffee.

--
Contra muros, mater rubicolla