[Homeroast] storage right after roast

Clint Fliger cfliger at tfc.edu
Fri Aug 15 07:32:29 CDT 2014

Yes, that is it. I use it as well but haven't figured out the best method
for storing right after roasting (plunger all the way down and open,
halfway down and open, half/full way down and closed, etc). Can't tell if
it makes a difference either. I was thinking of leaving out the black
plunger for first 24 hours, as the clear plastic lid has a CO2 valve. I
don't want to trap the CO2 into the beans but I'm also equally afraid of
letting out any freshness.

Does anyone else go directly from the roaster to the airscape canister? If
so, what are your methods?