[Homeroast] After roast storge

Mike Davis mldavis2 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 15 12:24:28 CDT 2014

I have used several methods, but currently I put a fresh roast into an
AirScape canister (available from SM's) with the inner lid handle up
(which allows it to vent).  This handle has a couple of tiny holes that
allow CO2 out but minimizes airflow.  After 24 hours, I close the inner
handle to seal it and put the top sealed lid on until I'm ready to
transfer the beans to my grinder hopper.  My rest periods after the
first 24 hours of degassing range from a couple of days to perhaps 4-5
for light roast Ethiopians.  My grinder hopper has a lid which minimizes
circulation as well, though of course it is not sealed.

Mike Davis