[Homeroast] storage right after roast

Clark Barclay pedestriancoffee at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 00:12:54 CDT 2014

Hi Fellow Coffee Nerds,
I just bought the West Bend Air Popper from SM, and LOVING it.

I'm wondering if I can get your opinions on storage. I know this was
already discussed on here, but, I have a couple more specific questions.

I know not to seal right after roasting, but is storing in a coffee bag
with a CO2 vent a good idea right after roasting? If so, paper or plastic?
Does the porousness of paper help or hurt?

Is sealing in a canister a good idea after the rest period?

Right now, I've been storing in a coffee mug (I only roast 2 oz at a time)
right after roasting, which is totally uncovered, and noticed the aroma
seems to escape, after 24 hrs., I transfer it into a sealed jar, but it
still seems to lose aroma...maybe it's just my roasting skills that needs
sharpening...I'm still figuring this whole home roast thing out!

Thanks,
Clark
--
*Pedestrian*