[Homeroast] Kentucky Coffeetree

Clark Barclay pedestriancoffee at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 20:40:03 CDT 2014

Fascinating. I just read the Wiki on it. I want to try it!

BTW, has anyone tried the Mexican offerings on SM? I'm interested in trying
to roast one....any tips/opinions. I never see Mexican coffee at cafes,
unless in a blend, is it just not that good or what?

On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 1:52 PM, Dave Huddle <
137trimethyl26dioxopurine at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anybody ever heard of the Kentucky Coffeetree?   The latest company
> newsletter described several trees on the campus, including the Kentucky
> Coffeetree - which I can see from my office window.
>
> Wikipedia says "The seed may be roasted and used as a substitute for coffee
> beans,  however, unroasted pods and seeds are toxic"
>
> I reckon I'll stick with beans from SweetMaria's
>
> Dave

*Pedestrian*
instagram.com/pedestriancoffee
soundcloud.com/pedestriancoffee