[Homeroast] Sweet Maria's New Coffee Alert: Sumatra Lintong Sijamapola

Phil Bergman Phil at junglemusic.net
Tue Aug 5 20:38:34 CDT 2014

I personally don't like the "funky" taste that one sees occasionally with
coffee.  I've noticed it mostly with Ethiopian coffees but more also with
the Indonesian.  It think it's a flaw, probably an expression of rot.
I love clean coffee where you smell and taste the character of the coffee
varietal and origin, not additional "additives".
"Barnyard funk" is not a good thing to my palette.
BTW, I first experienced that funky taste developing when I ordered about 20
pounds of Costarican coffee one time.  As time went on, it got stronger and
stronger until it was not drinkable.  Once you recognize that taste and
smell, you never forget it.
Phil
San Diego