[Homeroast] Sweet Maria's New Coffee Alert: Sumatra Lintong Sijamapola

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Tue Aug 5 17:38:15 CDT 2014

On Tue, Aug 05, 2014 at 01:02:39PM -0700, John Nanci wrote:
> Nice...but Damn!  I was just thinking a nice funky aged Sumatra
> would be great right about now, and here 'clean' is instead.  Ah
> well. :)

Yeah, me +1.  It's not that I haven't enjoyed these cleaner, gentler
Sumatrans (or Indonesians in general), but I learned what a nicely
earthy wet-hulled cup had to offer back when SM's offerings *were* nice
and earthy.  And one of these days I'm going to thaw and roast that old
lot of Java Kajumas and see how much I *really* miss the traditional
style.  :-)

--
the warfare on the cutting edge of any science draws attention
away from the huge uncontested background, the dull metal heft