[Homeroast] test

Joe Preiser coffeedrinker at jpreiser.com
Wed Apr 30 20:39:13 CDT 2014

Be aware that AOL (yes, they still do exist) has recently implemented the same thing Yahoo did.  It has been playing havoc with several mailing lists I’m on.  Thankfully, I was not the list maintainer or system administrator so didn’t have to resolve it or see all of the bounced messages.  Most of the lists have resolved the issue by rewriting the From: address so Yahoo, AOL, and perhaps Google if they go the same route as the other two don’t have issues.

One list I know of is using Lsoft Listserv software which has a method of rewriting the From: line while preserving a method to reply directly to the sender.  I don’t know what list software is being used here but am passing the info along in case the admins are looking for solutions.