[Homeroast] test

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Wed Apr 30 19:58:58 CDT 2014

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 05:29:39PM -0700, Andy Thomas wrote:
> Thanks, Frank and Bonnie for verifying that I exist. I'm still not
> seeing my own posts, even though I have chosen that option in my List
> Settings.  Oh, Well....

It may be related to recent changes at Yahoo and the way they handle
email checks.  This article talks about one problem, though I don't
think this is quite the same thing:

http://www.virusbtn.com/blog/2014/04_15.xml

This mailing list doesn't change the From: address, and so I guess
Yahoo sees the email from you coming back with that From: address, not
from one of Yahoo's servers, and assumes it's a spammer forging their
domain and *poof* it's gone.

    Others say that leaving the From: address unchanged, while
    modifying subject and body, simply isn't desirable any more in
    today's email landscape.  Indeed, this is what Yahoo said in
    defence of its policy.

The times, they are a-changing.  And if the list maitainers are poking
around at that, maybe they could get rid of the absurd "this list has
rules" yadda yadda that's attached to the Reply-To?  It's unsightly
and, I dare say, likely unhygenic as well.  :-/

--
Then I can figure out what the information-support needs are and
build a prototype for people to respond to.  This works, because