[Homeroast] Questions about roasting and the Quest

Barry Luterman lutermanb at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 16:13:10 CDT 2014

As a rule the faster (steeper) the ramp the more high toned the roast. Too
steep a ramp can result in a bitter acidic roast.The more gradual the ramp
The more the low tones of the bean emerge. 215 is an average temp depending
on the hardness and water content of the bean. It is a ballpark figure.
Rely on your nose and eyes as well as the time and temperature. This hobby
can take a lifetime to master