[Homeroast] Questions about roasting and the Quest

Frank Parth frank at fparth.com
Fri Apr 25 07:23:45 CDT 2014

John,
A drop to 160C isn’t bad. I put in 250 grams and the temp will drop from 200C (my starting point) to 110-120C.

You’ll find that different beans will start first crack at very different temperatures. I’ve had low altitude beans start first crack as low as 185C, and high altitude beans not start until over 200C. Once FC starts I’ll turn the fan speed up to max (around 9 on my dial) and stretch out the time to second crack.

HTH

Frank Parth