[Homeroast] IR thermometer with heat-gun/dog-bowl?

Brian Kamnetz bkamnetz at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 15:08:14 CDT 2014

Alan,

I'm very close to telling you 1.5 of what I know, so I need to watch out.
Regarding cooling, you want to cool fairly rapidly, I'm told, because slow
cooling results in flat flavor.

One thing I was wondering about is consistent roast. There is two ways to
think of consistency: 1 is consistent in process, so that the same amount
of heat is applied in the same profile for the same length of time; and 2
is roasting beans to the same point (e.g., City+), which takes into
consideration that various beans take differing temp, time, etc. to roast
to the same point.

Brian