[Homeroast] IR thermometer with heat-gun/dog-bowl?

Alan Hayes alanp.hayes at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 14:12:36 CDT 2014

You are getting ahead of me brian! Hadnt thought about cooling. Wonder if
just turning off the heat and blowing room air through the roast chamber
would do it?

I am in the process of setting up as what I would describe as a pico scale
commercial roaster. One thing I have discovered is that you have roast and
cup quite a few coffees. It's different buying by the bag!

You would most often be roasting 2 to 4 different coffees at once to
compare. You would want the roasts to be as consistent as possible.
Profiling and automation not entirely necessary but would be nice.
Fortunately I have a process control geek who is willing to work for
coffee!