[Homeroast] IR thermometer with heat-gun/dog-bowl?

Alan Hayes alanp.hayes at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 12:14:45 CDT 2014

Thanks, Brian. What I am thinking about is building a sample roaster that
would let me roast several small batches simultaneously. They would never
be more than 300 grams, or about half a pound, which is the standard sample
size in the industry. It would be extremely handy to have several identical
roasters, ganged together and controlled together. I'm thinking that I
might be able to do this with a series of pivotmounted SS tubes with
individual heatguns for a heat source. Looks like they may not even need to
be particularly heavy duty ones. You could even do digital feedback and
control pretty easily, I'd guess!