[Homeroast] IR thermometer with heat-gun/dog-bowl?

Ryan Fair ryan.w.fair at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 17:55:41 CDT 2014

First time post here.  I've been reading the list for about 3 months now
and love it.

I've been using a IR thermometer with my popcorn popper roasts and I feel
it's been fairly accurate.  At least according to SM's page on the
temperature for various roasts.  The temperature will jump around quite a
bit but I can tell the general idea of the temperature of the beans.  The
problem I have and I think just a general issue with popcorn popper
roasting is it goes so fast.  I will see it jump from about 400F to 450F in
a matter of seconds and the roast will go beyond what I'm going for.  All
that to say yes I *think* you can get accurate readings, but I'm still very
new at all this.

Hope I contributed even if in part.

Ryan, Oklahoma City