[Homeroast] Roasting decaf beans

miKe mcKoffee mckona at comcast.net
Wed Apr 23 12:17:47 CDT 2014

Poor tortured Unleaded beans. Prior to turning professional home roasted
nary a one in a decade. Seven years ago I had to learn how to roast decaf.
Indeed they roast differently, basically faster, than their Leaded brethren.
Why? I'll leave exactly how they've been altered physically to the experts,
all I need to know is that they do indeed behave differently. Having roasted
a couple thousand pounds Unleaded now my rule of thumb for a new to me decaf
is 30f lower charge and 80% of the heat applied (flame) versus comparable
Leaded all stages of the roast.

Slave to the Bean miKe mcKoffee
www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
http://www.mckoffee.com/