[Homeroast] An experiment to reduce "chaff" on the list

Paul Pinson paul at thepinsons.org
Fri Apr 18 12:36:30 CDT 2014

I enjoy the casual nature of this exchange and the sometimes really valuable
stuff buried in it, but on the digest (since I'm not on my computer all
day), there is a lot of repetitious stuff between the nuggets.  I thought
I'd run a little experiment by responding, but deleting all the content
except for that to which I'm replying.  If that works, and my message shows
up appropriately brief, others could also delete the excess when they reply.

-- Paul [Behmor user since they were first available from SM's).

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 10:56:57 -0700
From: "Byron - Sweet Maria's Coffee" <byron at sweetmarias.com>

Hello Stephen,
Thanks for your feedback. Yes, the Homeroast list has been known to host a
lot of chatter (coffee related and non-coffee related). Although most of
the users have shown appreciation for the casual nature of the
conversations here it's understandable if you or anyone else gets tired of
sorting through the occasional email flurries. If you are looking for a
source of more useful and focused information, Martin's suggestion of our
forum is a good one. The forum has very informative posts from folks in the
home roasting community separated into topics.
http://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/forum/index.php