[Homeroast] List structure and chaff

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Wed Apr 16 19:08:15 CDT 2014

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 11:25:47AM -0600, Stephen Nagy wrote:
> I am wondering if the folks at Sweet Marias could investigate some other
> way to doing this so that only the messages sent to the list are actually
> posted?

Are you getting the digest (a batch of messages stuck together into
one) rather than individual 1:1 emails?  Some people prefer one form,
some the other.  The digest-lovers are all crazy, of course.  ;-)

As for swaths of old messages being reposted over and over, there's not
really a lot the reflector can sanely do about that when replies all
too often include every word in earlier messages in that thread.  It's
one of the reason that top-posting is Just Wrong, at least as it is
typically practiced.

Although the participants are largely different, you might find the web
forums more usable?  http://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/forum/index.php

--
I've just realised that one of the things I really hate hate hate
about Windows is that it doesn't have any personality. It's corporate