[Homeroast] Question on Quest

Frank Parth fparth at me.com
Mon Apr 14 18:17:40 CDT 2014

For me the challenge is not the first roast, it’s the ones following that.

I’ll pre-heat to 200 before dumping in the 250 grams of beans. Once that roast is finished it gets dumped and put into the cooling/vent area. As soon as I’ve done that I’ll wait until the heat is back up to 200 and then dump in a second load of beans.

This gives the second and following roasts a different profile than the first one because to cool the beans down I’ve got the fan on high while the second batch is roasting.

For the first roast I like to keep the fan low until the bean temp bottoms out and starts to climb back up before I turn the fan speed up. So it’s a slightly different profile.

Frank