[Homeroast] Rwanda Namayasheke

John M. Howison johnmhowison at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 16:53:24 CDT 2013

     Last week I indulged my enthusiasms for variety and price
discounts by including an 8-lb sampler in my periodic order for beans,
as SM doesn't sell any bad coffee.

     Day before yesterday I opened a pound of of Rwanda Namayasheke.
Noting that Sweet Maria's thought it showed  "versatility across the
roast spectrum," I tried an experiment.  In my trusty Hearthroast 500,
I roasted half a cup of beans to City+, and continued roasting such
batches with roasting times increaseing 45 seconds each batch.  The
fifth batch ran into second crack,  was black and began to show a bit
of shine.

     I mixed the five batches, and this morning I brewed a pot of the
mixture.  WOW.   This cheapest and lowest-rated offering was to my
taste superb, from the first sip until lukewarm.  I look forward to
more "spectrum" coffees.  I may not sleep tonight.

--
Contra muros, mater rubicolla