[Homeroast] DIY coffee liqueur request

Bonnie Polkinghorn bonnie.polkinghorn at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 11:21:01 CST 2013

I used this exact recipe a few years ago.  It was outstanding. I bought
inexpensive vodka and filtered it a couple of times using coffee filters in
my CCD.  I read about that somewhere, so I thought it couldn't hurt.

I think the key is to be sure the sugar is all dissolved before mixing it
it.  I remember that I did something wrong, and I thought if I ever made
this again, I would do it differently, but I can't remember exactly what!
 It was either that I didn't dissolve the sugar well enough, or I didn't
let the sugar/coffee cool before mixing it with the vodka.

I bought some of those bottles used for olive oil, that had both a cork and
a screw top, so I popped in the cork and included the screw top. They made
great gifts.  I enjoyed mine every night!  Good luck, let us know what you
decide to do.

-Bonnie P.