[Homeroast] DIY coffee liqueur request

Tim TenClay teejtc at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 08:23:20 CST 2013

John Borella posted this recipe a few years ago:

8 oz espresso
1 cup sugar
16 oz vodka
1/2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise

Pour the fresh brewed espresso over the sugar and stir until sugar is
dissolved.  Add vodka and and vanilla bean, seal in jar and let rest in
cool dark place for 2 to 4 weeks.  Remove vanilla bean after a few weeks
(not sure if that is necessary).  Or, open the jar after 6 hours and give
it a taste - it's good already!  Test over and over.  You may not have any
left by the 2 week point if you're not careful.

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 8:44 AM, John Nanci <john at chocolatealchemy.com>wrote:

> So, I'm actually thinking ahead for the holidays.  Looking at a homemade
> coffee liqueur.  Does anyone have any recipes they have actually tried?
>
> I've done the web scouring bit and there are two major camps.  Hot and
> cold infused (we are not going to talk instant).
>
> Also, I'm not adverse to just devising my own recipe, but there is on
> thing I'm unclear on.  How strong should the resulting liqueur be?  And 'to
> taste' isn't helpful. I'm meaning drip, moka, espresso strength for
> instance for 'traditional'.  I've seen 1:4 to 1:8 (grounds to liquid).  And
> how much should that change whether it is hot or cold brewed?
>
> Alchemist John
> Alchemist at large

> sweetmariascoffee.com

Want to make a real difference for real people?!  You can help me raise my
funds for the 2013 Aids Red Ribbon Ride (and thus help AIDSCare serve
clients throughout Western NYS).  www.tenclay.org will forward you directly
to my fundraising page.
----
This message may contain information which is privileged or confidential;
if you are not the intended recipient, please delete immediately.  Do not
forward or make any of the above content publicly available without
permission of the original author.
--
Rev. Tim TenClay, D.Min.
"Only a religion which is a way of living in every sphere either deserves