[Homeroast] DIY coffee liqueur request

John Nanci john at chocolatealchemy.com
Fri Nov 8 07:44:15 CST 2013

So, I'm actually thinking ahead for the holidays.  Looking at a
homemade coffee liqueur.  Does anyone have any recipes they have
actually tried?

I've done the web scouring bit and there are two major camps.  Hot
and cold infused (we are not going to talk instant).

Also, I'm not adverse to just devising my own recipe, but there is on
thing I'm unclear on.  How strong should the resulting liqueur
be?  And 'to taste' isn't helpful. I'm meaning drip, moka, espresso
strength for instance for 'traditional'.  I've seen 1:4 to 1:8
(grounds to liquid).  And how much should that change whether it is
hot or cold brewed?

Alchemist John
Alchemist at large