[Homeroast] OT: Composting Whole Beans

Edward Bourgeois edbourgeois at gmail.com
Thu May 16 23:04:36 CDT 2013

Well I'd say a gardening/coffee geek would grind them as their density
would be the slowest to break down. And you want your compost to end up
alive and healthy with beneficial micro-organisms. Or you could try
sprinkling a few whole around some plants. Recently saw that Tom used some
moo goo muck greens as landscaping mulch

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 9:10 PM, Jason Brooks <brookswv at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's been a while since asking anything.  We're staying busy here between
> work, a mini-farm and growing children.  We do a lot of composting for
> gardening and I had a question.  I had an issue with my primary roaster, a
> WBP, and ended up trying a wok roast over a gas flame.  Ended up with some
> seriously tipped beans, and several scorched.  Have about half a pint worth
> that I'm planning on composting.
>
> So, for all you gardeners who homeroast, would you grind first, or dump em
> in the pile whole?
>
> Thanks,
> Jason
>

> Jason Brooks