[Homeroast] New roaster

Frank Parth fparth at me.com
Mon May 13 21:06:31 CDT 2013

On May 13, 2013, at 9:13 PM, Ira <ira at extrasensory.com> wrote:

> Has anyone ever successfully sued the manufacturer of a table saw for cutting off a finger or of a stove top for starting a fire when forgetting to turn down the heat when answering the phone?
>
> -- Ira

Ira,
I don't know about a stove top fire leading to a lawsuit, but for the table saw cutting off a finger, there was a successful lawsuit last year (IIRC) regarding this. There is technology available for table saws to come to an instant stop if they sense a hand or a finger, and there's a legislative push to make the technology mandatory for all table saws.

Frank Parth