[Homeroast] New roaster

Frank Parth fparth at projectauditors.com
Sat May 11 11:23:38 CDT 2013

I also went to a Quest and wouldn't look back. The cost was much higher than the others, but as some have pointed out you have a lot of control over the roast. Back to back roasts are not a problem. If you want digital readout, pick up the Artisan software (at http://code.google.com/p/artisan/ ) and a good probe and you can watch the ramp as it happens and make fine adjustments.

Frank Parth

On May 8, 2013, at 9:13 PM, John Monteleone <johnmonteleone at gmail.com> wrote:

> I read somewhere that the Quest is good if your roasting multiple batches
> at a time.  Do you find that to be true.  What if you only roasted two
> batches at a time.  Or even just one batch. Is it too much machine for that
> little roasting.
>
> John
>

> On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 7:23 AM, Barry Luterman <lutermanb at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I had a Hottop for years and loved it. When it started to need repairs I
>> bought a Quest. I too wanted a more hands on experience. I really like the
>> Quest. It performs better than the Hottop and allows for more control over
>> the roast. In addition, The Quest roasts well in my garage in the winter
>> down to about 40 degrees F. The Hottop did not do as well when the ambient
>> temperature dropped below 50. However, Hottop should be coming out with
>> their larger capacity model soon. You might want to wait and see what they
>> are offering before making a purchase. Both are excellent roasters
>>

>> On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 11:25 PM, John Monteleone
>> <johnmonteleone at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> I'd like to get a new roaster. I've been roasting with my Behmor for 3
>>> years and it's been great. Love the results. But I'd really like to learn
>>> about the roasting process and would like a more manual machine. Or least
>>> one where I can determine all or most of the variables of the roast.
>> From
>>> the looks of it, it seems likes that leaves me with either one of the
>>> Hoptops or the Quest.  Can anyone comment on those machines or recommend
>>> another roaster.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> John
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPad
>> Forum</a>

Frank R. Parth, MS, MSSM, MBA, PMP
Project Management Institute Board of Directors 2010-2012

CEO/President - Project Auditors LLC
fparth at projectauditors.com
+1 714 813-8971 (mobile)

Project Auditors LLC
www.projectauditors.com
1 800 545 1340 (North America)
+1 949 452 0578 (International)
+49 089 430 4991 (Europe)
+61 419 511 799 (ASEA region)
+971 (0)50 928 7279 (UAE mobile)

Project Auditors LLC is a
PMI Registered Educational Provider
and a PMI Registered Consulting Provider