[Homeroast] New roaster

John Nanci john at chocolatealchemy.com
Mon May 13 15:55:48 CDT 2013

Well, this could be a can of worms.

Actually, iirc, she asked for about $20,000 to cover an 8 day stint
in the hospital to treat her third degree burns caused by 190 F
coffee (from coffee that was actually heated up to this temperature,
but brewed colder).  McDonalds offered less than $1000 and a jury
awarded the millions - she did not sue for it, nor receive it.  It
was reduced to something like $600K.  But it was put so high
initially because over the span of 10 years, McD had over 700
lawsuits for burns under their belt.

I can't bring myself to see this quite the same, but do see why you
might have it come to mind.