[Homeroast] New roaster

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Mon May 13 13:13:54 CDT 2013

Hello Dennis,

Sunday, May 12, 2013, 12:15 PM, you wrote:

> I met Joe back in the day and safety was the motivating factor for the
> current design... (you cant trust an idiot to not burn the house down)

And yet there are more than a few recommendations to run a Behmor with 3/4 or 1/2 of the recommended weight of coffee.  I'm sure that 10 ounces of coffee at P1-B-1lb stretched to 20:30 is in the range of consistent or at least more than the occasional fire if ignored and I'd guess that most of the home machines can be persuaded similarly.

Maybe all coffee roaster boxes should just have the phrase "This machine will burn your house down if not used properly" prominently displayed in large red letters on the outside. It really is the users fault if it goes wrong and the liability should not fall on the manufacturer.

Has anyone ever successfully sued the manufacturer of a table saw for cutting off a finger or of a stove top for starting a fire when forgetting to turn down the heat when answering the phone?

-- Ira