[Homeroast] New roaster

John Nanci john at chocolatealchemy.com
Sun May 12 14:02:11 CDT 2013

I feel rather like a shill here for Behmor, but am simply friends
with Joe Behm.  With that, I would toss it out there that liability
insurance and safety approvals are THE reason the Behmor is not 100%
manual, and is often at the edge of hot enough.  It isn't because Joe
could not build it that way - it's because the powers at be would not
allow it be be built and have approval, and without approvals (ETL in
it's case) no insurance carrier would carry it.

As it is, I'm was amazed the Quest was released without any kind of
insurance coverage.  Hell of a risk for Tom it seems.  Does anyone
know if that is still the case?

John