[Homeroast] New roaster

Rich rich-mail at octoxol.com
Sun May 12 13:14:26 CDT 2013

More people die from contact with 115vAC than 220vAC world wide. The
amperage a person draws is a function of their resistance, nominally
about 5k ohm. A cross body current flow between 0.1A and 1.0A produces
the highest probability of inducing heart fibrillation and death with
50/60 Hz power. Over 1A results in a violent uncontrolled muscular
contraction that usually separates the shock victim from the source.

Running any appliance on defective, or overloaded wiring is foolish and
I will not even consider assuming any responsibility or inconvenience
for people who can neither read, comprehend or follow instructions. This
is why the first 12 or so pages of any electrical or mechanical device
is full of what and how info so the manufacturer and retailer may be
semi-shielded from malicious torts.

The Quest is not approved because it was never submitted as getting
product liability insurance for something the actually gets hot and is
not an industrial appliance is impossible or cost prohibitive. No
liability insurance the underwriters approval is of no value and it
costs mush $$ to get that approval.

Low perceived demand and regulatory hurdles are why there is no consumer
large capacity roaster.