[Homeroast] New Roaster

sci scizen at gmail.com
Sun May 12 12:31:58 CDT 2013

This 110v issue is why I put a thermal blanket (insulation) on my Quest. I
feel that should have been standard on the unit, but not a deal breaker. It
is inexpensive to do it and very easy. It preheats very fast now, retains
heat better, and has no problem roasting 300g at any ambient temp. I use a
Kill-o-watt meter and can roast 4-5 batches with 1 kilowatt, and the meter
allows me to set the power at precise watt output levels. Even doing 300g
batches, I never go above 75% of the heat output capacity of the Quest.
Theoretically, I could try bigger batches, but they would probably go
longer. It is really a locomotive doing back-to-back roasts with little
delay in between.