[Homeroast] New roaster

Seth Grandeau grandeau at gmail.com
Wed May 8 12:20:15 CDT 2013

I guess what I was looking for is has anyone roasted the same coffee in
both machines or is anyone finding that, in general, they can better bring
out certain aspects (brightness, floral notes, chocolate-ness,
all-of-the-above).  I love home roasting, but the aspect I love is the
variation in small farm coffees, having different terroir.  I've never
really been excited about the specifics of roasting, other than to be able
to tell when my coffee has gone through first crack (damn you, Decaf!).
 I've never even tried roasting the same coffee on different programs, I
simply pick the program that seems right for the bean and go.