[Homeroast] New roaster

Barry Luterman lutermanb at gmail.com
Wed May 8 09:23:56 CDT 2013

I had a Hottop for years and loved it. When it started to need repairs I
bought a Quest. I too wanted a more hands on experience. I really like the
Quest. It performs better than the Hottop and allows for more control over
the roast. In addition, The Quest roasts well in my garage in the winter
down to about 40 degrees F. The Hottop did not do as well when the ambient
temperature dropped below 50. However, Hottop should be coming out with
their larger capacity model soon. You might want to wait and see what they
are offering before making a purchase. Both are excellent roasters