[Homeroast] New roaster

Hank Perkins hankperkins at gmail.com
Wed May 8 02:36:13 CDT 2013

I have had both an both will roast great coffee.  The Hoptop I will roast a larger volume of beans, the Quest is completely manual.  My Hoptop was a first generation I rebuilt twice.  I was looking at a large volume of parts for the 3rd rebuild (~$500) and decided to go a different route.  My roast volume had decreased at this time so I ordered the Quest.  It is pure manual.  About the largest quantity of beans you can roast in one is 200g. It does the best with a volume of about 125-150g.  There are temp loggers and S/W available that will let you track and accurately reproduce most any roast profile you desire.  Good Luck.

Sent from my iPhone