Paul Jolly pauljolly65 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 17 12:18:23 CDT 2013

The Luis Alberto Ambito was very limited, so one pound was all you could buy.

Steve, I roasted 8 oz in the Behmor to City+/FC.  I've found that coffees roasted in the Behmor take a longer rest to develop, and this was true here.  After 5 days, it started to come into its own beautifully - well-balanced and interesting from start to finish.  Really nice sweetness as it cooled.  I found it more complex than the other highly-rated Columbian, but both were very good.

Different brewing techniques can yield different results, as I'm sure you know.  I've used a Hario and a Bonmac enough to know that the former emphasizes brightness while the latter brings out more body.  Try a slower drip, if you can.

Cheers,
Paul

Message: 1