[Homeroast] Distilled H2O vs RO

John Nanci john at chocolatealchemy.com
Thu Jun 20 07:44:12 CDT 2013

A very fast Google search pulled up basic RO systems ranging from
$149 to $499.  Seems most make 10-15 gallons a day.  I had a heavy
duty one about 10 years ago.  It was about $800.  The water was high
enough in salt that distillation was not recommended due to the heavy
wear on it (2000 ppm NaCl).

Raybob, how does your distiller work?  Do you have to set up a cool
water condenser?  Does it turn off automatically?  How do you decide
when to start collecting the water?