[Homeroast] Brewing coffee in Zero Gravity > was RE: Distilled H2O

Mike Koenig koenig.mike at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 12:39:17 CDT 2013

I think the ideal setup for NASA would be an Aeropress with a modified
bottom piece that connects to a bladder instead of a cup.  Doesn't weigh
much, but works well.  Grinding would be the bigger challenge, but maybe if
we were able to build a hand grinder to attach directly to the top of the
aeropress to make a single sealed unit.  Gotta see if I can get some NASA
funding for that....

And do you know where the water on the International Space Station comes
from?  Some of it comes as the end product of fuel cells, and a lot of it
is recylced from the urine of the crew.  So much for not being able to
filter pee.  (I know, I wasn't going to go back there....)

--mike