[Homeroast] Brewing coffee in Zero Gravity > was RE: Distilled H2O

miKe mcKoffee mckona at comcast.net
Tue Jun 18 12:09:10 CDT 2013

No I understood you understand Mr. Alchemist! Just thought time for a
bit-o-play instead of beating our heads against the wall going in circles
filtering water. :)

Problem I see with Press Pot and straw method rather than decanting after
plunge is coffee continues to brew and hence over extract. Next!

Remember that as long as we grease the right palms we'll have virtually
unlimited taxpayer money to waste on this project. I'm thinking more high
tech. Some type of super-automatic that dispenses directly into a drinking
pouch. Likely need some type of vacuum system to pull it all into the pouch,
but how not to also pull out the brewed coffee haven't figured out yet. Also
the super-auto will use monomodal grinding rather than traditional
plurimodal espresso grinding enabling ANY brew ratio without bitterness from
ristretto to weak "coffee" on demand. (If you haven't seen Matt Perger's WBC
performance watch it and you'll better understand what I'm talking about:
http://new.livestream.com/accounts/3965928/events/2120943/videos/19527640/pl
ayer While it may seem much of his performance presented new ideas,
monomodal espresso grinding was really the only truly new idea part IMO.
LOVED his sig drink approach BTW!)

Slave to the Bean miKe mcKoffee
www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
http://www.mckoffee.com/