[Homeroast] Distilled H2O

sci scizen at gmail.com
Sat Jun 15 12:48:11 CDT 2013

Reverse Osmosis RO can get virtually all dissolved solids, organic and
inorganic compounds, out of water. HOW? For those convinced that
distillation alone can do this, H2O is a tiny molecule. Few molecules are
tinier, and they are usually found as gasses. Even most atoms are larger.
This is fortunate for us. Dissolved solids, both organic and inorganic, are
larger molecules. When the water is run through a RO  filtration, it
catches the larger molecules and washes them away. All that gets through
the filter is the tiny molecule H20. This is how some desalinization plants
work. They take salt (and other compounds) out of seawater with RO.  This
process even works with gasses. To give you an illustration, think of sand
and marbles mixed in a bucket. Sand=water. Marbles=other compounds. Now
pour the bucket through a fine screen. The sand goes through, the marbles
stay in the screen. RO works in a very similar way, but under very high
pressure so that some water stays behind to flush away the dissolved
solids. This keeps the filter clean. It is self cleaning.
Taking sugar out of water with RO filtration would be very easy.
Message: 2