[Homeroast] Distilled H2O

Raybob Bowman raybob at tube-tone.com
Sat Jun 15 00:03:37 CDT 2013

On 6/13/2013 10:00 AM, homeroast-request at lists.sweetmariascoffee.com wrote:
> Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 10:52:28 -0400
> From: Mike Koenig<koenig.mike at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Homeroast] Distilled H2O
>
> "You can't pour water with soluble chemicals through any type of filter to
> make them get out of the water.  Only distillation separates them from the
> water."
>
> Wow - so I suppose I was hallucinating the whole time when I observed the
> purity of my laboratory water which had all the "soluble chemicals" removed
> by membranes and deionization resin, or my water softener at home doesn't
> really work either.   And the entire water purification industry has it all
> wrong and is a huge scam.
>
> This argument is futile and I can go no further..
>
> --mike
Mike, if you mix sugar in water, it becomes sugar-water.  You can't
filter out the sugar, it pours right through whatever is in that
filter.  How can a membrane remove sugar?  Can you pee through those
membranes and then deionize it, then make coffee with it?  I don't think
so.  You might just do that, but there's no way I'd drink it. The ONLY
way to remove solubles from H2O is by distillation.

Raybob