[Homeroast] Distilled H2O

Raybob Bowman raybob at tube-tone.com
Sun Jun 9 07:50:40 CDT 2013

On 6/8/2013 10:00 AM, homeroast-request at lists.sweetmariascoffee.com wrote:
> Subject: Re: [Homeroast] Distilled H2O
>
> I tested with 18 mega ohm water, which is typically more pure than distilled.
>
> See for examplehttp://www.ruf.rice.edu/~bioslabs/methods/solutions/water.html

Not according to the link you just provided.. It says:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Distilled water, obtained from the condensation of steam, is of better
quality because distillation eliminates all of the sediment and most of
the inorganic solutes. Organic contaminants and some of the inorganic
contaminants remain.

Deionized water is produced by running tap water through a resin
cartridge or series of them. A home deionizing system might simply
replace divalent cations with sodium ions, producing what is commonly
known as “soft” water. Laboratory deionized water is usually treated so
as to remove both cations and anions, which are exchanged for hydrogen
and hydroxyl ions respectively. Deionized water is often of better
quality than distilled water although on the downside, the resins used
in the cartridges may release organic contaminants into the water.

FIrst, I'd like to know just what "Organic contaminants and some of the
inorganic contaminants remain", in pure H2O? Also RO doesn't remove any
of the benzine in the tap water. How in the world, could you even sleep
after drinking all that benzine? Again, could you, for all those that
are curious, taste test coffee made with pure distilled water compared
to your RO tap water? I know which is better but you won't even try?