[Homeroast] New roaster

sci scizen at gmail.com
Sat Jun 8 13:10:34 CDT 2013

Message: 3
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 16:34:30 -0700
John,
A simple inexpensive mod to the Quest makes it perform well up to 300g
charges. Simply install a 1/2" thermal blanket around the drum. [Get
hi-temp insulation from McMaster Carr] This gives the unit a quick preheat,
and much better thermal performance in any environment. No need for heat
guns. The heat is there, you just have to retain it. I do 300g roasts in
around 15min, 225g (my standard) in about 12min, and 200g in the 10min
range. Even on the 300g batch, I don't run the heat wide-open, only about
75%.
Hope that helps.
Ivan