[Homeroast] HT 1k > RE: New roaster

Edward Bourgeois edbourgeois at gmail.com
Sat Jun 8 07:39:16 CDT 2013

I saw the shell of it at SCAA with Randy. And Randy has mentioned a little
about it on H-B. The approx. price being way too high 5k+ Yes,seems it will
be under powered to come anywhere close to 1kg at the profiles many of us
use. From what I saw the fin design is still lacking too even though it was
known how mods to the fins of the old model helped significantly. This is a
mention from Randy on air flow" I have been led to believe that the air
flow apparently goes IN through the rear area now, is then ducted out of
the roasting chamber through metal tubes, through a newly designed chaff
filter, then through the fan and out the flexible vent hose that is
included with the roaster. rear area (motor, fan electronics). if that is
what they have done then there should be no chaff problems in the rear area
as before which should significantly increase the duration between
maintenance chores."
 Bubble burst.

Ed Bourgeois
Amherst MA.