[Homeroast] New roaster

Steve Hamm steve.hamm at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 19:31:47 CDT 2013

And regarding new roasters...

I was about to pull the trigger on a basic Hottop. Sweet Maria's is out of
stock, so I went to the Hottop website to see what was up, and lo and
behold there is a new Hottop design on the way, in August or September. It
is supposed to  handle 1kg batches, and seems to be a nice design in a
number of ways, from what is said on the website. I like that they say they
merged the controls from the B and P models, I like the screen being
visible as you're looking at the beans roasting...

Has anyone on the list from Sweet Maria's seen this beast? Comments?

Needless to say, I'm not pulling the trigger until this comes out, I've
seen some reviews, and I find the price is near the current basic model
(hopefully). Now they just need to get this out before their revenue stream
dies.

--Steve