sci scizen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 13:53:00 CDT 2013

"Supper-heated" is all my microwave EVER does! ;)

Joking aside, this explosive effect is particularly dangerous in coffee
siphons (or vacuum pots). My Hario (yes borosilicate "lab glass") did this
once, ejecting super heated water out the tiny neck at supersonic
velocities into the air 10 feet above. BEWARE! Put the upper chamber in
loosely with the chain dangling to create the nucleation sites for boiling
to occur.

-Ivan