[Homeroast] Distilled H2O

Phil Palmintere phil.palmintere at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 13:29:48 CDT 2013

I'm a regular RO drinker.  Just for fun, I've done side-by-side tasting of coffee made with RO water, tap water (Lake Meade's Finest), Costco bottled water (according to the label processed via RO and then subsequently minerals added for taste),  and 18 mega-ohm water. I used a clever coffee dropper.

I can taste the difference - at least I think I can.  Surprisingly I prefer Costco water.  Both the RO water and 18 mega-ohm water are a tad bit flat by comparison.  Lake Meade water makes my home roasted coffee taste like coffee from a diner.

YMMV,

Phil

Sent from my iPhone