[Homeroast] Distilled H2O

John Nanci john at chocolatealchemy.com
Thu Jun 6 07:41:11 CDT 2013

I too am aware of this, but the catch here is
that basically any household cookware, no matter
how clean or new, will have sufficient surface
imperfections to allow the purest water to
boil.  In the lab, it's nearly all perfectly
smooth glass.  But as someone else pointed out, a
ceramic cup in the microwave, even will tap water, can superheat and 'explode'.

John