[Homeroast] Kishr -- A beverage based on the coffee cherry

Kirk Janowiak kirk at angelwoodcreative.com
Wed Jun 5 14:08:28 CDT 2013

Clever, Bruce (grin)

Tom offered this a couple, years ago and I bought a small amount.
The tea tastes much like the herbal teas that use hibiscus and rose hips.
Slightly citrusy; not particulalry deep in its flavor; i suppose you could
say "refreshing." There is NO hint of anything like coffee flavor in it at
all.
You can steep it a long, long time and it doesn't become bitter or overly
acidic. It makes a nice addition to sun tea recipes. I like it fine, but
not enough to seek it out.

Kirk (resident pulp-eater)